Monday, September 04, 2006

A good day

      A good day here. I hope you had a good one, too. I got a lot of chores done and added another 12 pages to Murder at the Witch's Cottage. Less you be too impressed by my high page count, I admit that I've been thinking about this play for months. All sorts of scenes and bits of dialogue wander around in my head, and I have a lot of notes from when I had ideas and jotted them down for use when I actually put the play to paper. Now it's just a matter of making all those pieces fit into a coherent whole. If everything goes right, I should have the play finished by Sunday. I'll spend the next week polishing and trying to fix everything I can think of.
      Auditions are scheduled for September 18 and 19. I hope to cast the play right off and start rehearsals September 20. We'll see. Sometimes we don't have enough people show up or don't have the right ages. But we have to start rehearsing by September 25. That will give us four full weeks of rehearsal. The place will be October 25-29. I get two days of rest, and then I start National Novel Writing Month 2006. I must be crazy.
      Between now and when we start rehearsal, I hope to have the set completely or mostly finished. And I'm already working on the poster and the program. I don't want to wait until the last minute or I'll be overwhelmed. I'm making a list, of course, and marking off items as they get done. Right now the list is just growing, but I'll be able to mark off a few items this month.
      Oh, I'll be taking pictures of the set as we build it. I think it will be interesting to see how it comes together. And did you have any luck with the code from the play? Here it is again in case you missed it the first time: TTENU ITTRM HHNEI HBTRO AOTUC TERKH CES. I hope you give it a try. And remember my clue: It's not a substitution cipher.
      In non-play related news, my car is running better after the fuel injectors were cleaned. It still needs to have the fuel filter changed, but I hope that gets accomplished this week.
      I've started on SlimFast again. I used it about 15 years ago to lose 35 pounds. It has the virtue of being simple. Two shakes a day instead of breakfast and lunch. I get a mid-morning snack (Smart Ones blueberry or double chocolate muffin or a piece of fruit). Then a sensible evening meal. Yes, I'll be a bit hungry on it at first, but some of that hunger is simply habit, I think. Anyway, I started today, and I did okay.
      Have you ever watched the TV show The Closer? It's excellent. My older sister got me watching it, and I've been hooked ever since. It had its season finale tonight and won't return until December.
      By the way, it truly sucks green swamp water that SciFi Channel cancelled Stargate: SG1. Yes, I've mentioned it before, but it bears mentioning again. The SciFi Channel has to have the stupidest executives in charge of it. They make a habit of getting rid of good shows, i.e. Farscape and now SG1. When SG1 is gone, I don't think I'll have a reason to watch it any more.
      Well, I think I'm going to go to bed at a decent hour tonight. I hope things are going well for you and that you have a great week. Night!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

You are one busy bugger. By the by, how's work? You haven't posted on it a while.

Trixie said...

TECH! Congratulations on being nominated for a 2006 Okie Blog Award!

Tech was nominated in the Best Writing Blog category. Go to Okiedoke.com to see the nominees and to vote.

By the way, our friend Erudite Redneck was nominated in the Best Overall Blog category.

Congratulations to two fine bloggers!

Anonymous said...

Woohooo! Congratulations on your nomination. You are a wonderful writer!

Your site is not allowing me to sign in as a Blogger. I wonder if Blogger beta is the culprit. Have you switched yet?

Take care~Rain

Anonymous said...

I always knew TECH was the best, but I can't vote. I did go and try. They only let ok bloggers vote. Good job ER!
Roen

SBB said...

No, Joel, I haven't posted about work ... I'm going by that old proverb that says if you haven't anything good to say, keep silent! :)

SBB said...

Thanks, Trixie. I didn't know about it until you commented on it. I appreciate whoever nominated me and whoever voted for me.

SBB said...

Thank you, Rain!

No, I'm not on Blogger Beta yet. I haven't been issued an invite. :( I tried to switch without one, but it won't let me.

SBB said...

Thanks, Roen!