Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sunday 5/12: A joke

      One of my customers witnessed another one of my customers being unpleasant. So after the unpleasant customer left, he told me this joke.
      A man was selling vacuums door to door, and he had an unbeatable sales gimmick. He carried a bucket of mud and garbage with him. When a prospective customer was being difficult, he'd empty the box on their floor and declare, "What the vacuum doesn't clean up, I'll eat!" He sold a hundreds of vacuums that way.
      One day he came to a house and knocked on the door. A lady opened the door and said, "Not interested." She started to close the door, but he put his foot in.
      "No, wait," he said. "This vacuum is amazing."
      "Go away," she said. "I have no money."
      "It's very affordable," he said.
      "Not interested," she said. "I have no money. Go away."
      He put his shoulder to the door and opened it, and in the same motion, he emptied the bucket on her floor. "What my vacuum doesn't clean up, I'll eat!" he said.
      The woman turned and walked away.
      "Where are you going?" the salesman asked.
      "To get you a fork," she said. "My electricity was shut off three days ago!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL

I have another joke for you. Well, it's not really a joke, it was just kind of funny. A nurse at the last place I worked said she only recently found out what LOL stood for. She had been trying to keep family members updated on a sick relative. So the letter would read something like, "your aunt is back in the hospital for more tests and needs our prayers...lol, Barbara" She finally got straightened out when her wrote back asking her what was so dang funny. Then, of course, she had to write more e-mails explaining to everyone nothing was funny!

--Crystal

SBB said...

LOL!

But I wonder what she thought it stood for in the first place.