Sunday, September 17, 2006

Woohoo!

      The play is done! Well, it still needs some polishing, but it's finally in place! It came in at 85 pages. Not bad at all. I feel blasted, but I'm grateful to have it out of my head and on paper. That's a strange feeling that I don't think I can adequately describe. You just have to experience it yourself one day.
      My back is better. Not healed and I'm still using the cane and a wheelchair, but things are definitely looking up. I have auditions Monday and Tuesday night, and I will have to be careful, but I think I'll be okay.
      I've not been doing anything except taking care of my back and writing on the play. Thus I don't have a lot to tell you. I did want to thank Crystal for doing a great job in editing the play for me. She has a keen eye for errors and an unerring ability to point out plot holes. I appreciate it.
      We'll start rehearsals next Monday night. I'll be down at the theater from 7 to 9 each night and probably a little later some nights. The play presents some technical challenges in terms of lighting and sound effects. That should be interesting. I need a backstage crew of about four people every night. I hope I can find them.
      Anyway, how are things in your world? Good, I hope. I'll be catching up on everyone's blogs over the next few days. For now, I'm going to call it a night. Pleasant dreams.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats! Great work.

Anonymous said...

Yay! The play is done! I just sorry that I will not be able to see it.

Have a good week!

CrystalDiggory said...

It's going to be a great play. It has mystery, murders, suspense, pirates and the supernatural. Go see it!

Anonymous said...

wonderful! glad to hear the back is improving and hope you will take it easy and let it heal! Have fun on the play!
Roen

Michelle said...

Happy for you that you finished one of your projects. And happy that your back is improving.

CrystalDiggory said...

Okay, the play is done. Now you'll have plenty of time to blog! (hint,hint)

night-rider said...

Well done TECH. It's one thing to start a project but finishing it's a whole other story. Hope your back continues to and play is a huge success.

Trixie said...

It's Thursday now and I hope your week is going well. Glad the play is progressing so well now and hope the next part is just great! Hope you are feeling better too.

Erudite Redneck said...

What Trixie said!