Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Standing

I realized today that I don't fall in love anymore. Oh, I fall into like and maybe even lust, but love, no. Not that I'm cynical, or at least that's not the reason because I do know love exists. I know many people have it. And I love many people who love me. However, I don't fall in love anymore. No one new, I guess. Which is sad. Maybe.

Maybe it's age. Maybe I grew out of that. Not even sure I want it. Love always brings complications, and my life is complicated enough as it is. So I can't say I'm looking for it or are even open to it.

Isn't that odd? Well, maybe not. There's a certain comfort in being beyond new love. While it does mean your world will become smaller, it certainly is safer.

I wish I had more regret about this, but I don't. Life is as it is. I hope I wouldn't be resistant to a new love, but I'm not sure I'd be welcoming. I'm standing here in my life, trying to make my world through the world one day at a time, step by step. If a new love wanted to join me in that, well, that would be just fine.

Oakleaf Harbor Christmas Cards now on sale!
Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Amazon.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes&Noble.com

Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in soft cover at Lulu.com

Buy Murder by the Acre in hardcover at Lulu.com

Buy Floozy, MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd rather fall in chocolate. ;)

~ Jolene