Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Churchill

Churchill, my fish, passed away tonight. He had been with me for nearly 10 years. I'm somewhat sad about it. Not like when my beloved dog Tai Ling passed away, of course. That just about killed me. And it's not like I took Churchill for walks or petted him or taught him tricks, but he had been a fixture in the living room aquarium for a long time.

I buried him in the backyard. No ceremony, but near where Tai is buried. Usually when a fish dies, I just discard it, but Churchill had been with me a long time. He was -- if there is such a thing, and I'm not sure there is -- a good fish. I'll miss him. Yes, I know you probably think that's a bit silly. Probably is, but I still will. And personally I think Heaven holds a place for all the creatures we love. After all, it wouldn't be heaven without them.

Churchill, S.I.P. (Swim In Peace)

Buy 2012 Oakleaf Harbor Christmas Cards now!
Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Amazon.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes&Noble.com

Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in soft cover at Lulu.com

Buy Murder by the Acre in hardcover at Lulu.com

Buy Floozy, MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

No comments: