Thursday, July 14, 2011

Vegetable

I have developed an unhealthy addiction to Brussels sprouts. I crave them at times. I stream them in the microwave with a dash of garlic powder, a pad of butter, and a spoonful of water. I cook them until they are just soft. They melt in my mouth.

I didn't use to like them. Avoided them and wouldn't eat them. I don't know why that changed. I don't know why I bought the first bag that changed my mind.

Oh, another way they are good is to cut them into slices and saute them in olive oil with minced garlic and mushrooms. No, seriously, fancy restaurants serve them in this fashion. And they are good.

But somehow I bought that first bag and cooked them and now I love them. I can't explain it, and other people don't understand it. Me, neither. It's quite odd. Strange. Creepy even.

But let me tell something that's even more ominous: The other day, I had sauteed liver.

I liked it.

Help!

Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Amazon.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in soft cover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy, MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

3 comments:

Jean said...

If you're not joking, this is wonderful. Brussels sprouts are yummy and have so many good things to offer. Then you made the comment about liver and I began to suspect you were pulling my leg. But maybe not. I like liver and Brussels sprouts (although, I haven't had liver in years, and I haven't been seeking it out).

Strawberries are getting me ensnared lately. I think I'd turn down chocolate for strawberries

SBB said...

No, the liver story is true. Apparently my taste buds belong to someone else now.

And I love strawberries, too.

Anonymous said...

Did you have chanti wine and fava beans with the liver??

--gail