Monday, July 11, 2011

Spirit

I have friends that believe in ghosts. I don't, which you know if you've read this blog for any time. I've never had an unexplained occurrence in my life. Not that I doubt my friends or think they're lying when they tell of their experiences. I just think -- know -- that there is a rational explanation.

I've always found this rational part of me ... to be annoying. I always look for the guy behind the curtain. I think my early experiences with stage magic totally and thoroughly changed my outlook. There was always a trick behind a miracle. I could admire the cleverness of the trick, even be baffled by the trick, but never believed in the magic.

I think I would be a happier person if I could let a little unreason into my life. If I could believe in Bigfoot, UFOs, ghosts, magic, stone circles, anything out of the ordinary. But my feet stay firmly planted in the mud.

This doesn't mean I don't believe in God. I do believe in God. I believe because I've chosen to believe. There is a fundamental difference between choosing to believe and believing as part of your nature. I've always wanted the latter while only experiencing the former. I've always had that rational part of me that stood off and observed and muttered, "How interesting" in a quiet voice.

The world is too much with me, it seems. And while I'd like to be different, what I am, I am. What are you?

Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Amazon.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in soft cover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy, MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

No comments: