Friday, July 15, 2011

Up

Been swimming in my pool lately. Well, mostly floating. I like to let the water carry my weight as I stare up into the sky. Lately we haven't had many clouds, but when they're there, I like to watch them.

My favorite time to swim is right at dusk. Then I watch the sky darken and the stars show up. If there's a small breeze to rustle the leaves on the trees, then it's perfect. I float motionless on the dark water.

Of course, I live in a small town so it's never completely dark. But it feels like I'm on a lake. I let thoughts flow through me and over me and sometimes they drift on up to wander around in the endless sky.

Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Amazon.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in soft cover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy, MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

3 comments:

Jean said...

That sounds really relaxing and rewarding.

SBB said...

It is. But it's amazing how much time can be lost that way!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like time well spent to me.
--gail