Thursday, March 18, 2010

Putting in time

Putting in time at the library. Giving up on the perfect table since I can't seem to snag it. When do these people get here? Don't they have jobs? How dare they think they have as much right to a public library as I do!

Oh well.

Floozy is coming along. I still don't have any idea of how much new material it will need. I should know more at the end of this month as I finish editing the old material. I'm afraid I won't get the book to the proofers on time. And I need to check the publishing schedule again and see how long it takes Lulu to get a book in my hands. I'm feeling that excitement again, though. Anticipation. Cool.

I need to work on the cover, too. I have several ideas for it, but lack the drawing skills. I'm trying to find a royalty free illustration of an old jalopy with several people hanging out of it. Or along that theme. I'll have to keep looking. My friend Roen might be able to draw something for me if I could find something for her to work with.

And Floozy is taking all my time now. That's the way of projects. Once they move onto the front burner, you can do nothing else. You don't want to do anything else. It's consuming. Exhausting. Exhilarating. What a rush. I wonder if authors who produce lots of books ever lose this. I hope not. I hope they feel as thrilled as I do when they hold one of their books and crack open those pristine pages. Nothing like it. I highly recommend it. You put in the time and effort, and you have a book at the end. Even if it never sells, you have that. Awesome.

And now back to work! Talk to you tomorrow. Have a great evening and wonderful tomorrow.

Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com

Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com.
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes & Noble.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in HARDCOVER at Lulu.com.

Buy MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You, too!

Anonymous said...

Maybe I'll be able to proof for you after all if you're behind a bit. :)

SBB said...

Thanks, Joel.

FF, maybe! I'm always behind in my writing you know. My job gets in the way! :)