Thursday, March 04, 2010

A printer's story

Just dying to know what I did about the printer situation, aren't you?

Okay, let's briefly review the situation: My beloved HP Photosmart 7960 printer broke after years and years of dependable service. I attempted a repair, which worked briefly, and then it broke again. This time no repair was possible. I was left with approximately $400 of ink and ink refilling supplies. I discovered HP no longer made any printer that used the ink cartridges I had. HP also no longer offered repair services for my printer, and I couldn't find anyone else who did. So ... what to do? Buy a new printer? Attempt to sell the cartridges on Ebay? Discard everything and run away to the islands? Was there another solution that I hadn't thought of? What should I do? WHAT?

The answer was actually suggested by Jean in a roundabout way. Over on Facebook, Jean suggested that I sell the extra cartridges on Ebay. A good idea, but instead I searched Ebay and found a used Photosmart 7960 printer ... just like my broken one! I ordered it. It cost $70 with shipping, and it arrived this week. It works! It was dirty and required a whole roll of paper towels and half a bottle of wipes to clean, but by golly, I have a printer. This will allow me to use up my supplies. Of course, when they are gone, I won't stockpile again and will use this printer until it finally dies, also. After all, it will be time for a new printer.

I hope I've put your mind at ease. Talk to you tomorrow!

Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com

Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com.
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes & Noble.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in HARDCOVER at Lulu.com.

Buy MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whew! Maybe now I can get some sleep!