Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Once again at the library

I didn't get the good table again. This time a woman is using a laptop on it. Well, it is the perfect computer table. The library needs more of those. I'm over by the magazines right now. The table is next to the window, which is letting in an annoying glare. Can't be helped. Maybe she will leave soon. It's sure annoying that other people think the library belongs to them, too.

I bought a set of headphones this time so I can listen to my music as I type. However, I didn't bring my music flash drives. I will next time or load the music tonight on the computer. I'm listening to Accuradio.com right now.

Still working on the Intro to Floozy. I have a beginning. Not as funny as it needs to be, but that will come. I have set June 1st as the deadline for its publication. Hope I can make it. As long as I stay healthy, I should. I have to have it the proofers in April. Whee! I think I work best when a deadline is looming in front of me. I basically have a month or so to finish it up. That will be my weekends for a while. I should have had this book out a while ago. Like last year.

Work continues to be weird. Periods of immense and grinding stress followed by long periods of complete and utter boredom. Supposedly this is similar to what being in battle feels like, although I bet the stress is a couple of thousands times more.

Still trying to decide if I want to stay on Facebook or not. I enjoy the games, particularly Lex and Farmville, but I don't like how it's such a time sink. Maybe I just need more willpower.

Well, time to write on the Intro some more. Have a great evening, a wonderful night, and a blessed tomorrow! I insist.


Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com

Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com.
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes & Noble.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in HARDCOVER at Lulu.com.

Buy MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Luck with Floozy

AK Huckeby said...

I have been taking quite a break from Facebook - still loving Twitter (less committment), but I've lost my infatuation with Facebook. It's a busy time of year, so everything is kind of on the back burner right now, but certainly Facebook is being neglected...and I have to say tat I really like the freedom. :) Good luck with the Floozy (I like saying that.)

Anonymous said...

If you weren't so picky about how fast Lex games go, you could stay off it more. ;)

SBB said...

Thanks, Kent!

Adam, I do understand a need for time away from FB. I also dislike the superficiality of it, but maybe that truly reflects people's interactions with other people these days.

FF, you know I get bored easy. A game goes on too long, and I'd just as soon not play at all!

Anonymous said...

You're fickle!