Sunday, January 17, 2010

Books read in 2010 so far

A friend of mine keeps track of every book she reads each year. I thought I'd do that this year. Here's my list so far along with how many stars out of a maximum of five stars that I'd give them.

*** A Darkness Forged in Fire by Chris Evans
**** Altar of Eden by James Rollins
*** Cowl by Neal Asher
**** Crush it! By Gary Vaynerchuk
*** Design it Yourself Newsletters by Chuck Green
***** First Lord's Fury by Jim Butcher
*** Marvel Visionaires Chris Claremont
*** Orcs: Army of Shadows by Stan Nicholls
*** Robot Titans of Gotham by Novell Page
**** The Chocolate Cupid Killings by JoAnna Carl
*** The Light of Burning Shadows by Chris Evans

First Lord's Fury is a great book, the conclusion of an epic fantasy series by Jim Butcher. (Butcher writes the Dresden Files, the basis for the the short-lived show on SyFy channel.) Highly recommended. I hope he returns to these characters again in a new series. I think there's still plenty of stories left to be told in that fantastic world.

James Rollins's Altar of Eden is also a good book, but it dismayed me with its vulgar language in places, and frankly, it's not one of his best. Characters are slight, and the plot has a few holes. Still, Rollins is one of the best thriller writers out there, and I didn't think I wasted my money.

The Chocolate Cupid Killings by JoAnna Carl is also the latest in a series. I've not read any of the others, but I'm going to look for them. It's an excellent cozy. Carl, by the way, also lives in Oklahoma. I love Oklahoma authors!

Crush It! by Gary Vaynerchuk is a great book for anyone who is trying to turn their passion into a life-long career. It's worth your money if you've ever thought about telling your boss where to go and leaving to follow your dream.

Anyway, that's the books I've read so far. I'll be adding to this list as the year goes on. I hope.

I hope your tomorrow is good. Talk to you then.

Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Amazon.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Barnes & Noble.com
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Lulu.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in hardcover only at from Lulu.com.
Order MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf

3 comments:

Jean said...

You are a voracious reader! Impressive.

Jean said...

Oh, yeah, as a result of your rating system, I added one to my list, too.

SBB said...

Cool, Jean. I went over and looked at your list. You also read a lot!