Friday, July 10, 2009

Yes, we've gone to the beach

Just thought I'd switch the template for the summer to reflect that sunny, white sand, cool fruity drinks with an umbrella, carefree feeling. The old template is safely tucked away so that we can use it again if we wish, but for now, the water is calling our name. Can't you hear it?

Last night for dinner, my roomie and I had cold cut sandwiches with a tomato and cucumber salad and steamed yellow squash. If we'd just had watermelon for dessert, it would have been the perfect summer meal. The salad is super easy to make: chop up a large tomato and a large cucumber and place in bowl. Add vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, sea salt, pepper and chives to taste. (I always peel the cucumbers.) Mix everything well. Let sit so the flavors mingle. Light, tangy and delicious.

You may have noticed -- or maybe not -- that I haven't mentioned my family newsletter lately. That's because I haven't been doing it. Lazy boy ... well, not really. When I do the newsletter, I have to talk to all my family and they would naturally want to know what was going with my health, and I didn't want to talk about it because 1) it worried me, 2) we didn't know anything, and 3) the less stress the better. Anyway, I'm going to get to working on it again and put a special edition out.

Did you notice the aquarium in the sidebar? Click in it to feed the fish. They're always hungry!

Anyway, I hope you have a lovely Friday. I'm excited because the weekend is nearly here! Woohoo! Talk to you tomorrow!

Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Amazon.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Barnes & Noble.com
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Lulu.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in hardcover only at from Lulu.com.
Order MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf

6 comments:

Jean said...

What a cooling, relaxing place. I felt cooler the moment the pixels coalesced on my screen.

And the fish were voracious.

Beautiful.

SBB said...

Thanks, Jean!

Anonymous said...

Muy bueno. :)

SBB said...

Thanks, FF!

Anonymous said...

Hey! i did not check friday, maybe because there has been nothgin for so long and i did post thrusday. LOve the fisha nd did not know i could feed them so now is even better!
really like the summer look ty.
Roen

SBB said...

Glad you like the fish and the new look, Roen!