Saturday, July 18, 2009

Oh, I haven't fought a windmill in forthnight ...

I finished Susanna Gregory's A Vein of Deceit. I made it last as long as I could, limiting myself to just a few chapters a day, but the book is over. Sigh. If you like medieval mysteries, I recommend the series highly. You'll enjoy the mysteries, but the characters and setting will keep bringing you back. They're why I keep reading the series.

Unforunately, I was badly sick last night and lost several hours of sleep so I didn't do too much today. Just housework and laundry with a bit of sleeping, reading, and napping. Overall, a good day, I think.

To my amazement, I have discovered that I like ice cold Perrier mineral water with twist of lemon. Yeah, I know, after all the ridicule I heaped on people who drink bottled water. Serves me right.

The weather has cooled off some, thank the Good Lord. I thought I was going to melt earlier in the week.

Did you look up the Voynich Manuscript yet? I was told by a reader that I should provide the links or, even better, just tell everyone what it is. Well, I think discovery is part of the fun so you'll have to search it out on your own, but trust me, you'll find plenty about it if you look.

It's late enough, and I'm a bit tired. I'm going to call it a night. I hope you had a good Saturday and have a wonderful Sunday. Talk to you then.

Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Amazon.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Barnes & Noble.com
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Lulu.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in hardcover only at from Lulu.com.
Order MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf

2 comments:

Jean said...

Sometimes we find a need to eat our words. I know I have.

Yep. Cooler down here too. They're predicting a high of 99 today. We've broken out the long johns in preparation for only double digit temperatures.

SBB said...

I just found the Perrier refreshing. It's still over-priced, tho.

It's cooler here today. Just in the 90s ...