Tuesday, July 28, 2009

15 minutes of blogging

Sorry I've been such a whiny-hiney the last couple of days. Work has been particularly frustrating and annoying. But hey, I won't be at work Thursday and Friday so I'll have four days away from it and can regain -- I hope -- some of my equilibrium. And then I won't whine about it as much, but can adopt a calm manner while secretly bottling up my anger until I snap and use my mega-missiles to take out a few blocks as the screaming people run in terror. Sigh. Good times, but then you know how that feels. Who doesn't these days?

Anyway, I'm taking just 15 minutes to blog tonight so that I can get to bed at a decent hour. I run on too little sleep, and that's not good for you. It's not good for me, either. Let's both cut it out.

Been slipping a bit on my diabetes diet, and my blood sugar has inched up. It's back to the straight and narrow. I hope to start exercising again by walking (panting, sweating, collapsing) at the local fitness center. I got out of the habit when I was sick a few weeks back and haven't taken it up again.

I'm out of money for the doctors at present. For a couple of months I don't have anything major planned. At least not anything I haven't already told you about. I need to get some of these places paid down so that I can use them again. Good health is priceless, but being sick costs a lot.

I've been attempting to get Murder by the Mile started again. I've got all these notes and thoughts and no organization yet. I think I know why the murderer(s) kills all those people in that particular fashion, but I'm not totally sure. You know, some people want to be caught. They want to brag about how clever they are, not realizing that being caught negates that. My murderer won't want to be caught. Some secrets are meant to stay buried.

I'm going to be 48 this Thursday. 48. Forty-eight. XLVIII. 110000. Cuarenta y ocho. Quarante-huit. Quarantotto. However you say it, it's old! Or maybe not. We'll see, won't we? And if you knew me better, that last sentence would send a cold delicious chill up your spine ...

Good night!

Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Amazon.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Barnes & Noble.com
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Lulu.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in hardcover only at from Lulu.com.
Order MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice post :) happy almost birthday!!!
Roen

SBB said...

Thanks, Roen! I assume you overnighted my present? :)

Anonymous said...

Fortunately, working on MBTM doesn't cost anything but time. You've got that don't you?? ;)

SBB said...

Time when I'm not sick and feel good is very precious these days, FF. I'm hoping that will improve, but so far, I mostly use my time off to sleep! :(

Kirsten said...

Hope you have a lovely b-day, and a lovely 4-day break from work! Sounds fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Well, there ya' go--work those crummy feelings into the story. ;)