Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Bit of this, bit of that

I confess to getting a good amount of enjoyment by feeding the fish in my sidebar aquarium. (Just click inside the aquarium to feed them.) And I like how they follow the cursor when you hover it over the aquarium. It's a small program, but it's fun.

I cannot believe how unrelenting the heat is! Yesterday was horrible in my office. The A/C unit only has one outlet and that's at the back of the building. Upfront where I sit with the huge windows, it's gets warm fast. Admittedly not as hot as outside, but hot. I think we're supposed to get some relief tomorrow. The middle 90s. Funny how that seems much cooler now.

You may have noticed that I finally put up a wordage meter for Murder by the Mile in the sidebar. The wordage is wrong, but I'll get that fixed tonight. Also, if you scroll further down, you'll find the links under "More of My Writing" actually work now. The links used to point to some pages on AOL Hometown, but AOL shut down all the Hometown pages a couple of months back and I had never got around to fixing the links. Now you can read the Humor essays and Poems posted to 51313 Harbor Street.

Did you look up the Voynich Manuscript yet? I think you'd find it interesting. Particularly considering ... well, I think you'd find it interesting. Check it out.

In good news, my copy of Susanna Gregory's A Vein of Deceit finally came in yesterday afternoon. This is the 15th Matthew Bartholomew mystery. I've read several chapters and am greatly enjoying it. This series just gets better and better. If only Gregory would produce more than just one book a year!

Time to get ready for work. I hope you have a great Wednesday. If not, work on it. Remember, the weekend is only two days away! Talk to you Thursday!

Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Amazon.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Barnes & Noble.com
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Lulu.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in hardcover only at from Lulu.com.
Order MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi TECH, For some reason I went into my old blog tonight and saw your comment. Do you know it was so long between visits, I couldn't even remember the names of any of the blogs I used to visit, although I remembered your content. Anyway, I was thrilled to see that you have had 3 books published since I was last here. Sounds as though you are still having health issues but managing to do a million things at a million miles an hour anyway. Good to catch up again. Night-rider

SBB said...

Night-rider! So good to see you! I hope life is treating you well. Every time I see a TV show on the Down Under, I think of you and wonder how you're doing. Please stay in touch!

Jean said...

You'll just have to learn to read more slowly. Or, maybe, re-read, while you wait for the next book.

SBB said...

Jean, I recently reread the first in the series. I don't usually reread books. I have that type of memory that hangs on to a story for a long time.

Anonymous said...

High velocity fan somewhere (you be the judge) between the AC outlet and your office.

SBB said...

Two great minds with a single thought, FF. Yesterday at noon, my roomie came down and put up a fan for me. It has helped a lot.