Sunday, October 05, 2008

!!!RED ALERT!!!

PDF PROOF FILE OF MURDER BY THE ACRE HAS BEEN LAUNCHED AT CRYSTAL, JEAN, FRENZIED FELINE, AND KIRSTEN! Front cover is nomimal. Back cover is on standby.

REPEAT: PDF PROOF FILE OF MURDER BY THE ACRE HAS BEEN LAUNCHED AT CRYSTAL, JEAN, FRENZIED FELINE, AND KIRSTEN! Front cover is nomimal. Back cover is on standby.

And so it goes. My proofers have this week (Deadline: Saturday, October 11, noon) to turn in the hundreds of errors that I deliberately left in MBTA so that they would feel needed ... and if you believe that, Lord help you.

I hope there aren't hundreds of errors, but I'm positive there are errors. There would be a lot more in this version, except Crystal has been proofing as I wrote along. She found many, many, many mistakes, and for that, I thank her especially. I appreciate my proofers taking the time to help me out. The file is in PDF format, which should mean that everyone's page numbers will be the same this time. Thus when a proofer points on an error on page 122, I should be able to go to page 122 and find that pesky mistake.

The reason for the deadline is I need to upload the corrected file to Lulu on Sunday, October 12, so that it's there waiting on Monday, October 13. That's plan. Now I just have to finish the front and back covers and the end pieces and enter in all the corrections ... piece of cake ... I hope ... Lord help me.

I hope things are going well for you. I've been reading the blogs even if I haven't had the time to comment. I'll try to catch up next week after MBTA is sent off. Take care. Good night!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you!!!

SBB said...

Thanks, Gloria! I'm excited, too.

Anonymous said...

Don't bug me about posting or commenting for the next several days. I'm reading! :)

SBB said...

Wouldn't think of it! :)

I hope you're enjoying the book.