Thursday, October 16, 2008

Enough basking

I sure appreciate all the support y'all have shown to me and Murder by the Acre. It's helped keep me going even when I wasn't sure I could. It's hard for me to believe that MBTA will be out sometime next week. I can't wait to hold a copy in my hands.

Tonight I finally uploaded the hardcover version of EndlesS. It will only be available on Lulu.com and at my book signings. I'm going to give the hardcover version to the libraries that I know have Murder by Dewey Decimal in their stacks. Tomorrow night, I'm going to upload the hardcover version of Murder by the Acre. It also will be exclusive to Lulu. The reason behind this is that online retailers add their markup, which in Amazon's case is nearly half again the manufacturing cost. This adds about $10 to the cost. Ouch. The hardcovers will stay on Lulu for now. Maybe I'll find another publishing solution someday that will make the hardcovers affordable. That would be cool.

Tomorrow afternoon I go back to the doctor for minor exploratory surgery. We're trying to find out what's going with my sinuses. I'll be sore afterwards, but otherwise fine, according to the doctor. Be thinking of me around 2 p.m. or so.

I'm trying to decide the fate of The Great Slimdown. We're not getting very much participation in terms of comments and visitors so I'm wondering if we still need that blog. Let me know what you think.

Anyway, that's what's happening in my world. What's going on in yours?

7 comments:

Trixie said...

There is never enough basking. Bask some more! You should be allowed to bask for at least 50 percent of the time that the achievement cost you. Bask, Bask, Bask!!

I'll be thinking about you and praying for you tomorrow. I hope that you get some answers about the sinus stuff. Even more, I hope that just poking around and looking in there clears things up for you without the need for anything more. Yup!

Anonymous said...

'Tis true, there's really never enough basking. (I was just teasing you, you know that, right?)

I'll think about you, too. I hope your doc finds out what's bugging you. Like Trixie said, it'd be nice if just the poking around cleared things up.

I've been thinking about The Great Slimdown, too. I've felt badly about not being there lately, but I just haven't had much to say, nor inclination to do more than I'm doing about my fatness. I'm quietly working on it, though. Do what you think is best.

SBB said...

After a little basking, I get bored, Trixie! :)

Thanks for the prayers. I appreciate them.

SBB said...

FF, thanks for the thoughts! And yes, I knew you were teasing.

I hate to deleted the Great Silm Down, but if no one is going to use it or visit it, I'm not sure why I should keep working on it. It was meant for us -- the people who started and are posters on it -- and if we don't want it -- or don't need it, although I sure need help with my "fatness" -- maybe it's time to let it go. I'll see what everyone else has to say about it.

Michelle said...

I'll be thinking about you at two!

I'm misty about Slimdown. I'm quietly working on my fatness too. But it would seem the site has lost it's vigor. :(

Anonymous said...

So how's the patient doing?

Jean said...

I read The Great Slimdown on Bloglines. I haven't participated much, because I'm doing a lousy job of slimdown. I'm preoccupied until I get back from Wisconsin.

I'd hate to see it go, but I certainly understand. I appreciate Kirstin's posts more than it shows. I plan to review them as a way to affirm the principles she's written about.

I hope your surgery went well and it helps determine a solution for your problem.