Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Wednesday is today ... whee ...

      Sorry to be gone so much lately, but this cold/flu has really beat me down. After I got home from work yesterday, I collapsed in my recliner and didn't move until time for bed. Look, I'm so tired that I'm not even getting on the computer so you know it has to be bad!
      But a few things are getting done. My roomie put together the Christmas tree (thanks, ETC!) and I've slowly been putting a few ornaments on it. I'm terribly behind in my Christmas shopping -- of course -- and intend to Amazon like mad tonight.
      I've barely started the Christmas family newsletter -- which is a larger than normal issue -- and need to work on it. I haven't started my Christmas cards at all. Sigh.
      The goals tonight are to finish the tree, order most of my Christmas list, and work on the family newsletter. (Mostly my Tales from Bethlehem story, which is needed also for the Christmas cards.)
      Speaking of Christmas, I saw The Nativity Story a few days back. An excellent movie. I know it received some criticism for its portrayal of Mary -- people objected to her being so human -- but I thought it was well done, and what teenager wouldn't be frightened to discover she was carrying a child before marriage in that day and age where unwed mothers could be stoned to death? By the way, Doctor Bashir from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine played the angel.
      I was supposed to start a food journal on Sunday to track what I'm eating so that I could learn how certain foods affect my blood sugar. However, I haven't because of being ill. Trust me, I don't ordinarily live on a diet of clear liquids, chicken broth, rice, and bananas. But I'm hoping to slowly start eating "regular" food today. (You know, I used to like chicken broth and rice, but I'm tired, tired, tired of it. I'm -- finally -- out of chicken broth in my cabinets so I'm taking that as a sign.)
      What else? Well, Murder by Dewey Decimal continues to sell on Amazon and Barnes & Noble. I have about 20 bookplates left. If you've bought a book and need one, email your snail mail address to me. If you haven't received your bookplates yet, email your snail mail address and number of books purchased again.
      How many have I sold? Don't know. I don't get figures like that until January, but I've had several people tell me that they have ordered it so I'm trusting it's still selling. I've got to keep doing my part by flogging the book to the public. Yes, a bit tiresome, but nothing -- and I do mean nothing -- has ever been built without someone somewhere nagging relentlessly. And in the case of MBDD, that's me.
      And now I need to drag my sorry carcass to work. Whee. Have a good day.

No comments: