Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The day after Christmas

      I hope you had a good Christmas. I did. Of course, it was busy and hectic, but I also had some time to nap and relax. A good balance for once.
      I've had two of my regular readers mention that they just happened to find the 12 Posts of Christmas Eve by chance. If you're unaware, I posted 12 posts on Christmas Eve. The Posts include poems, Tales from Bethlehem, humor, songs (including me singing!) and more. You can scroll down and find them. They are titled 7.1 through 7.12.
      Well, Trixie tagged me with a meme so here's mine.

Rules
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Here are my Five Facts:
      1. I only do memes for friends because I generally dislike memes. I don't mind them occasionally, but too many people use them to avoid real communication. And also, I never think my answers are all that interesting. I live a fairly boring life.
      2. I have determined that I will live with hunger if that what it takes for me to lose weight. I'm sick of looking at me in the mirror and seeing this huge stranger. That persons isn't the me I see in my mind. For many years I didn't have mirrors in my house because I didn't like to see me. I've decided to stop being afraid of what I see there.
      3. I miss working with the theater group, but not the back-biting and bickering. I had wonderful casts, and I enjoyed directing the shows. That I miss, but not enough to go back.
      4. Of my possessions, I think I like my computer best, but probably wouldn't if I didn't have Net access. I mostly use it for email and news.
      5. I want an XBox 360. I can't justify spending the money on it, I have no other video game machines, it would waste my time, but I still want it.
      Trixie's Bonus Question: Why did I name my blog 51313 Harbor Street?
       Well, the 51313 you'll have to figure out on your own, but Harbor is because I wanted to convey that my blog was a safe, comforting place to drop by, and Street because I wanted to convey that it was busy.
      And now who to tag? I choose:
Crystal at Remnant
Gloria at Wry Words
Adam Huckeby at Adam Huckeby
Rain at Rainy Day Wonderings
Jean at Rantings and Ravings of an Insane Writer

      Don't blame me for this me. It's all Trixie's fault.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I only just now was able to hear you singing. I guess I didn't have the updated player or something.

It was lovely! I really like the ending you put on it. I think your backup singers (I believe that's me and Trixie?) ought to record something, too, and then you can mix it together. Sounds easy, no?? ;)

SBB said...

Thank you! And if you and Trixie will record it, I'll try to mix. That would be so cool!

Anonymous said...

Tech, I loved the 12 posts, especially the Tales. They were both beautiful and moving. You have a lovely voice, too. Thank you for sharing your talent with us and Merry Christmas! (A little late but very sincere.)

Anonymous said...

The 12 Posts were awesome, dude! Thanks! You should sing in choir!

SBB said...

Thank you, Gloria. It's always good to hear from you. I hope Christmas in Texas was as good as Christmas in Oklahoma. :)

SBB said...

Thanks, JKC. I've thought about singing in the choir, but doing do can really cut into the time I use for writing. Not enough time in the world for everything I'd like to do.

Erudite Redneck said...

Has anjyone ever figured out what 51313 refers to?

SBB said...

Yes, they have, ER. It just takes a graphically inclined mind.

Michelle said...

Thank you for the card Tech! Loved the story :)

Anonymous said...

Tech...a lot of comments!

First, I'm sorry we couldn't make it last night. We were both very tired. It was a busy weekend with the wedding, Christmas, etc. Definitely later this week or Saturday. Just let us know!

Second, the "Tales" on Harbor Street are great, particularly Humble Donkey. I was thinking about it in conjunction with the readings at midnight mass. It was a nice addition to an already beautiful service!

Finally, Carol of the Bells is my favorite Christmas Hymn, followed closely by Oh Holy Night. You should record it also!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Tech..I'm not ignoring your tag. I'll get to it when I get back from my four-day rotation. I'm going to have leave earlier than usual because of the snow.

Crystal

SBB said...

You're very welcome, Michelle!

Sorry you couldn't make it, TL. Saturday afternoon would work for me if you'd like to reschedule. And thanks for the nice comments on "Humble Donkey." I particularly like it myself.

I'll be looking for your meme, Crystal. Drive carefully!

Anonymous said...

I know what 51313 means. :P

Anonymous said...

I do too! Kind of weird that I figured it out...I'm generally not that quick! :0) Very imaginative...