Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Tuesday night bits

      If you're wondering why I haven't mentioned the national launch of Murder by Dewey Decimal, it's because I haven't approved the book for distribution. Yes, I know that I was supposed to do that last Friday, but during a last minute read of the book, I found a continuity error that concerned me. It wasn't large -- obviously since none of my excellent proofreaders caught it -- but it made me want to give the book another close read. And that's what I've been doing. (The error was that, on one page, I had a character put an object away in a new location, then on the next page, he picked the same object up from where it had been. Easy to fix, hard to notice.) Remember that once the book's approved, I won't be able to change anything. So what's the plan? you ask, apparently loud enough that I can hear you. Well, I should be finished with the final read -- which so far has netted me only that continuity error and one place where a period should have been a comma -- by Sunday. Then God willing, I'm going to approve the MBDD and start working full-time on Murder by the Acre.
      What is that contest I'm working on? you ask. You're just full of questions tonight. I'm going to use the first chapter of MBDD in a game. Naturally if you've already bought the book, the first chapter is available to you. If you haven't -- do so -- but if you can't because you've given all your money to the poor -- you can go here and read the first chapter preview. Well, read it and use it. Because I'm going to use a code based on the first chapter of MBDD. And what will be the prizes for this most excellent contest? you ask. Many books, including a hardcover of Murder by Dewey Decimal as well as other items. I'll start listing the prizes next week. Each week that we go without anyone solving the puzzle, I'll add another prize to the list. We'll see how long this contest can go before someone wins.
      Vacation next week. Have I mentioned that? I've decided that on Monday next week, I will sleep in and do absolutely nothing all day. That's probably all the nothing I can stand, but I'm looking forward to it. Then I'll be busy the rest of the week with this and that, but with nothing NOTHING NOTHING that has to do with my job.
      Although it's hot here, I am not ready for summer to be over. I'd like fall, except for the fact winter follows. And I'm not a fan of winter. I don't like cold weather. And hey, with global warming, God help us, I might have not have to worry about it much longer.
      The space shuttle Endeavour landed safely today. Have I mentioned that I think our space program is noble and hopeful? It's nice to know that people still think that we have a future out there.
      It's nearly midnight now so I'll close. You have a good day tomorrow, okay? Okay. Good night!
 
Order Murder by Dewey Decimal in paperback HERE!
 
Order Murder by Dewey Decimal in hardcover HERE!
 
Order Murder by Dewey Decimal merchandise HERE!
 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're taking a vacation. I know you can really use it. And think of all the time you'll have to blog! :)

Crystal

Anonymous said...

Yeah--all that time you'll have to blog! :)

Trixie said...

Yeah, blog!

SBB said...

Uh ... blog? I'll be on vacation! You expect me to blog while on vacation?

Anonymous said...

YES!

Jean said...

You know us. We're just insatiable in our curiosity.

Ok. Take Monday off from blogging. You said you were going to do nothing. We'll hold you to it. If you blog here on Monday, you'll never here the end of it. The rest of the week? Up to you. You said you were going to do what YOU wanted to do next week.

Well? That means, if you don't feel like blogging, you don't. We'll miss you, but have fun.