Sunday, August 05, 2007

Weekend happenings

EDITED A SECOND TIME TO ADD: Apparently when I checked Murder by Dewey Decimal on the weekly best selling ranking, they hadn't finished tallying my sales. MBDD is at 45th on the weekly best selling list! Woohoo! (My all time sales rank is 2,405.) I appreciate everyone who has purchased it. I almost don't dare to hope it will climb further ... but I do.

EDITED TO ADD: Jean at Rantings and Ravings is having a fantastic August BookPack Giveaway, loaded with prizes, INCLUDING a copy of Murder by Dewey Decimal. I'm so excited to see MBDD there. Go enter. She's giving away a lot of books!

      So I had my last meeting on the theater board today. It went okay. There were some awkward moments, but it went well for the most part. I have some regrets about leaving, but not enough to rethink staying on the board. I wish them luck and much success, and that is that.
      Murder by Dewey Decimal moved one step up the weekly best selling list at Lulu.com, from 76 to 75. In the all time sales rank, it moved from 8,143 to 2,503. Got a bit to go, I think, but least we're moving up still. I appreciate everyone's support.
      Had a good weekend. I went to several garage sales Saturday morning. Didn't find much to buy, but I do enjoy looking at other people's junk. I did find one large poster frame. It was just a dollar. I found one on Amazon like it, and it was $27. So that was a good buy.
      I spent the rest of Saturday working on producing some publicity materials for MBDD. Gotta keep selling those books. The more I sell, the closer my dreams come. I'm not really comfortable with this sell, sell, sell attitude I've had to adopt, but who enjoys that? Marketing is just part of publishing these days.
      This week I intend to finish the June family newsletter, publish it, and get it mailed. Then work on the July and August. I'd like to catch up this month. That's the plan, anyway. We'll see how it goes.
      Tuesday I have minor surgery on my foot again, but I expect that will be the end of it. Or at least I hope so. I also hope to have some good news to share with you tomorrow. I'll tell you about it then if it happens.
      And now it's time to go to bed. Talk to you tomorrow.
 
Order Murder by Dewey Decimal in paperback HERE!

Order Murder by Dewey Decimal in hardcover HERE!

Order Murder by Dewey Decimal merchandise HERE!
 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job, Tech! You should be at number 1 next week! :)

Anonymous said...

vdsHey Tech,
I have not been able to stop by lately. But I am so excited for you. I can't wait to see you go to the top.
Congrads,
Jeannie Diane

SBB said...

Thanks, Slim, but I suspect it will take a bit longer than that! :)

Good to see you, Jeannie. I should be doing a book signing in our old hometown in September. Try to come to it if you can. It would be great to see ya!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Tech! I hope it reaches Number 1, too!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, I would love to come see ya. Let me know when in Sept.

:-) jeannie diane

Unknown said...

Good news on the book. I'm glad to see it doing well, ditto on the #1.

SBB said...

Thanks, Gloria.

Jeannie, I will be sure to let you know. And I will announce it on my blog, too.

Thanks, Kent.