Thursday, June 08, 2006

A young man's fancy

      I'm listening to music on my new computer. I'm typing this on my new computer. I've been downloading programs on my new computer. I've been installing programs on new computer. I think I'm in love with my new computer.
      It's like every new love. I can't see any flaws.
      I'm dazzled by its speed and its charming screensavers. I like how it looks, all shiny white and silver case. I like how it turns on and how it actually works. My old one didn't do that. My old one didn't do a lot of things this one does.
      It's like every new love. I love its quirks.
      So far it has taken every piece of data I've installed without a hiccup. No weird restarts or failures to read CDs. It just runs the programs. I don't have to worry about whether or not it will die and take everything I've written.
      It's like every new love. I find myself wanting to spend all my time with it.
      I've discovered that I have quite a few programs that will run eagerly on XP. I've discovered a couple that run better and have more features when installed with XP. If XP is as stable as it’s said to be, I foresee a long and happy relationship.
      Of course, this honeymoon won't last. Eventually I'll find its flaws, get annoyed at its quirks, resent the time I spend with it. It's probably not true love, but hey, it's okay.

4 comments:

Rain said...

The thrill of a new computer...wonderful!
Have a great and safe weekend =)

Michelle said...

Teehee...Fun isn't it?

CrystalDiggory said...

I think I'm jealous! See if it can send e-mails, too. (hint, hint)

Anonymous said...

Yes, but it didn't get a blog written for friday! Spend a little more time on us! It's 6 am and I need some humor to wake me up for Saturday work! Love ya!
PS I can suddenly respond to the blog here again, thanks.
Roen