Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Over the hump

      I got more sleep last night so I was less tired today and got some things done this evening instead of just staring blankly at the TV. I used a sound generator to listen to ocean waves for about thirty minutes before I went to sleep. It seemed to help. I will use it again tonight. The sound generator will also produce the sounds of a brook, the wind and a forest. So far, I find the ocean the most soothing. The generator is from Timex. I bought it several years ago, but have never really used it for anything except for a clock.
      My play Murder at the Witch's Cottage takes place on the Atlantic coast. I had wondered how I was going to produce the ocean sounds. I think this sound generator will work well. I worked on the play tonight. It's finally coming together. I think the changes I'm making produce a more coherent storyline as well as more dramatic moments. I still have some scenes to rewrite and several to write, but I feel confident that it should be finished by the end of July. Then back to Darkness, Oklahoma.
      This weekend I intend on finishing the June Gazette and get it mailed. That's my project. I still need an article from my brother. I hope he gets it to me before Friday. I'll call him tomorrow and lean on him.
      Joke for today:
      Two cannibals meet one day.
       The first cannibal says, "You know, I just can't seem to get a tender Missionary. I've baked them, I've roasted them, I've stewed them, I've barbecued them, I've tried every sort of marinade. Just can't seem to get them tender."
      The second cannibal asks, "What kind of Missionary do you use?"
      The reply, "You know, the ones that hang out at that place at the bend of the river. They have those brown cloaks with a rope around their waist and they're sort of bald on top with a funny ring of hair on their heads."
      "Aha!" the second cannibal replies, "No wonder -- those are friars!"
      And on that note, good night!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Ha! Very cute...

Anonymous said...

I am going to the beach on the 12th through the 18th. I can get some props if you need them? or just some sounds nature generated?
Roen