Monday, May 29, 2006

Sunny Monday

       Did you have a good three-day weekend? I did. I wrote, shopped, watched a couple of WWII movies and basically puttered around. I'm trying to get back into the habit of posting every day again. Amazing how quickly that fell away. Of course, not having a computer readily available was part of it.
      I posted a recipe over at the Great Slim Down and will be attempting to post daily there, also. GSD is, I think, too important a resource and a support to dieters for it to be allowed to fade away. I'm hoping I can lure a few people over and help keep the ones there fired up about losing weight.
      Remember when I was bragging about how I had all my data backed up and hadn't lost anything when my computer died? Well, this will teach me to run my mouth. Turns out that the directory containing a lot of the local theater group patron drive info is gone! We're talking hours and hours of work there to replace it if I even can. I had backed the files up to a CD, and the CD is unreadable. So once again, I learn that terrible lesson: You always need at least two backups of important data. Do you ever think that Bill Gates is the love-child of Satan?
      By the way, I wasn't thrilled with the Lost season finale. I don't know what I was expecting, but that wasn't it. I was hoping for some real explanations. Instead we got more questions and naturally several cliffhangers. Don't mind the cliffhangers, but the confusing story is getting old.
      Time to get to bed. I'm not looking forward to work tomorrow. The secretary quit last week -- no notice, thank you very much -- and I will have to cover her job as well as mine. I hope we find a replacement soon. You have a good tomorrow, and we'll talk then. Night!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Losts' finale...just left me Lost. But I always feel lost when I watch Lost 'cause most times I am lost to what time Lost is on. I am not good with TV.

Glad you are back.

Gloria Williams said...

I don't watch Lost, but I know you felt lost after that data was lost. :)

-winks at Michelle-

Michelle said...

:P