Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Lunch blogging on all sorts of things

      I'm trying to do a brief post during lunch so that you, my faithful readers, have something here to look at rather than just my computer laments. Did you read in the comments a couple of posts ago where I thanked all the contributors to the computer fund? I haven't actually received any money yet -- and I totally understand if your budget turned out to make that impossible -- but the thought of people caring about this blog and my writing really lifted my spirits. Thank you.
      Not much else to tell you. I'm busy pricing computers, trying to get the most computer I can get for my money. I did watch the Alias series finale last night. It was okay, but I expected more. It answered many questions and ended the story as well as giving you a glimpse of the characters' lives afterward -- the ones who survived, that is -- but I thought it would go out with more of a bang. After all, we were talking about "the end of nature."
      Wednesday night, I'll be watching the Lost finale. I'm hoping that we will finally get some answers instead of just more questions. I also hope they stop killing cast members. Eventually there won't be any left if this keeps on, which could be how that series ends. I also detest the whole Michael storyline now. I'm quite willing for him to be killed as soon as possible. But I've always thought he whined too much.
      My flowers and other plants outside are doing well. I'll try to post some photos when I have a way to do so. My lawn needs help, though. It's more like a dirt and mud patch than a lawn. Oh, I shouldn't forget the weeds. The weeds grow well. Why doesn't science create a grass with the growing power of a weed? Someone needs to get to work on that.
      A three-day weekend is coming up. Woohoo! Except ... ordinarily I'd use that time to write ... I guess I can write without a computer, but I haven't done so in such a long time that I'm not sure how it will go. It will be an experiment of sorts. Do you have big weekend plans?
      Are you tired of me mentioning that I don't have a computer? You're probably not as tired as I am of the whole thing. Let's talk of other things. Stop bringing it up, okay?
      It got warm here this week. Unseasonably warm in the upper 90s. That reminds me: One of my customers came in the other day and talking about the weather and how it was predicted that we might hit 100 this week. She said, "If it hits 100 in May, it'll probably hit 200 in August!" She was totally serious.
      I got my fountain going on the patio again. I might have mentioned this in an early post, but I set up my patio table and chairs, set up the fountain, set up the grill, and am now ready to spend some slow lazy days back there. Except for the mosquitoes, it's very nice. Those bloodsuckers treat me like an all-you-can-eat vampiric banquet. Not fun.
      Mikey and his mom have moved down to Texas. So far, it seems to be going well for them down there. I hope so. Both need some stability in their lives. Please keep them in your prayers.
      My niece is doing much better. We hope she will get to return to school this fall and finish her nursing degree. Ditto her on the prayers. Thanks.
      I need a nap.
      All the wonderful spring produce at the local farmers market! I love this time of the year. And the selection will improve as the summer progresses. Good eating.
      I have to work now. Y'all have a good day. See you soon.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

non ho capito nulla, ma va bene lo stesso, ciao da Venezia Italy

SBB said...

Well, as near as I can determine, the previous comment says, "I didn't understand anything, but it was fine anyway. Hello from Venezia, Italy." I think. If anyone knows Italian out there, let me know.

Slim said...

I don't know nothing about English and I don't know it none too good! :)

Money is on the way to you. Wait for it. :)

Slim said...

I meant that "I don't know nothing about any language but English and I don't know it none too good!

This proves my point!

Michelle said...

Ha! It is on it's way...

and so is that postcard...I suck.

Ok then..

Non = No

Capito(lo) = Chapter

Nulla = Nothing

Ma = self

Va = verb form of "to be" as in "am" (I think)

Bene = Ok, good, well...

Lo Stesso has me lost... Maybe it says "I am very Sorry"?

The last bit you got right...

Thus concludes Michelle's lesson in Latin languages... *curtsies*

CrystalDiggory said...

lo stesso means "one and the same". I think.

Put it all together, and it...still makes no sense to me. :)

Michelle said...

yeah Crystal!

I have no clue either.

CrystalDiggory said...

I think someone is just bragging that they're in Italy and we're not! The least they could do is post some pictures, too. :)

Jean said...

Tech, I'm sorry to learn of your computer's demise (darn, I had to go and bring that up again, didn't I?), but I'm glad to hear from you.

The swarms of vampires on your patio must be good for a story or two.

You'll find a way to write.