Friday, November 04, 2005

Slow but steady

      Another hard day, but I'm still on track at 7,267. Tomorrow will be better. I should go over 10,000 this weekend. I had to backtrack and remove part of scene or I'd have more words. I know you're not supposed to edit during NaNoWriMo, but I had taken a scene the wrong way and wrote myself into a hole. So I had to lose about 300 words, which probably doesn't sound like much but felt like I was extracting my fingernails.
      It wasn't really the story, however, that kept me from producing a lot of words today. I got my feelings hurt this afternoon. My ego took a hit, and I found it hard to write. I'm not one of those writers who thrive on chaos. I need a certain amount of peace and belief in myself to write. At least novels, humor and plays require that. Poems flow when I'm down. One of the things about poetry of which I've always been grateful. It lets me vent.
      I've been spending some time at the NaNoWriMO site forums. At least the one for Oklahoma. Currently the Oklahoma region is ranked 23rd out of 265 regions in number of words produced by its members. We've produced 182,929 words. The total from all participants in NaNoWriMo is currently at 86,245,781. That is a lot of words, my friends.
      And now I'm going to call it a night. Y'all have a good tomorrow. If you need me, you know where to find me. I'll be NaNoWriMoing like crazy.

2 comments:

Mark said...

I am at 16,009. 32% of the way.

Michelle said...

Someone hurt your feelings? Hmmmph. Let me at 'im. I play good defense, er...offense. Or maybe just my defensive can be taken offensively. Something like that...

:) Here is to better days!