Friday, November 18, 2005

The reason

      I've got five minutes before I have to be somewhere trying to keep a friend from going off the deep end. That's what I did last night instead of NaNoWriMo; I only got 600 words when I needed 2,000. God only knows when I'll make them up.
      Let me tell you this, and it's harsh and it's true, no one will ever support your dream as much as you. You can't rely on your loved ones to support you, to go the extra mile, to understand. They have other priorities, and they might nod and give great lip service, but when push comes to shove and shove to full body blows, you're on your own. That's the price of dreams.
      People ask me why I never married. I could say all sorts of things, but it comes down to this. I've never found anyone who believed in me and my dreams. And that's what I want.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

But it is attainable. I still believe that and hope you find it too.

All the best to your friend and prayers for peace in mind and heart...

Trixie said...

It hurts to read that, Tech. But I know exactly what you're talking about. One of my big regrets is that I did get married, and still didn't have anyone who believed in me.

I hope someday you find that person. And me too.

Jean said...

I hope things work out with your friend. Words will be there--glad to hear you got 600. Being there for a friend when truly needed; you can't put that off.

You know what you need in another person--hold out until you find it. Anything less isn't worth it.

Linda said...

What Jean said. I seem to find myself often saying that on blogs when Jean reads them first. I don't really have anything to add, either. A {{hug}} or two.

Linda

Gloria Williams said...

God blessed me with a husband that believed in me and my dreams. More than that, we had the same dreams. I will be forever grateful for that blessing.

I believe in you, Tech. You can succeed in NaNoWriMo! And someday you'll find your soulmate.