Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Ouch

      The words came hard tonight. Not much fun. People keep telling me to not edit, to just let the words flow. Guys, I got that. And sometimes the words flow. Sometimes I have to go down there and pull them out one by one. But whatever it takes, I'm going to get them. That's the important thing.
      Over at the NaNoWriMo site, one of the profile questions asks you to share the soundtrack of your novel. I had difficulty in finding the right music to aid me in this book, but I've finally settled on Peter Gabriel. Not the pop of "Big Time" or "Sledgehammer." But "Games Without Frontiers," "The Rhythm of the Heat," "Wallflower," "San Jacinto" and others seem to have the texture and depth that this book requires. But I've also been listening to a bit of Go West, as pop as you can get without listening to the Backstreet Boys. Go figure.
      It got cold here. Have I mentioned lately how much I loathe cold weather? I won't harp on it again, but just remember, I hate cold weather. And snow should be outlawed. Which, if the nation continues to follow the president's global warming policy, could happen.
      Yeah, I think global warming is happening. I've read nearly 100 scientific papers about it. These aren't the fun articles that get written up in the magazines and that the politicians like to hold when they're gesturing to make a point. No, these are the boring ones with stats and graphs and so much careful hedging that you want to scream at the writers who take forever to get to a point and even then you might miss it, but at the core of the articles, no one denies the world is getting warmer. Now, it might be a natural trend; it could be man-made. Let's hope it's man-made. Then we might have a chance of reversing it. If it's truly a product of the earth's eons-old weather patterns, that's not going to be good for humanity. And we won't be able to do a blamed thing about it. Except wait for the next ice age. The good news is that we are overdue for another ice age. Or is that good news? I hate cold weather.
      Anyway, that's all I have to say tonight. I hope things are going well where you are. And if it's cold, I hope you're safe and warm. Good night!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

LOLOL...Now an ice age is something to complain about...

24K!! Twenty four thousand words??

How awesome is that?

Michelle said...

and 78.

Jaime said...

I'm with you about snow. I moved from Maine to Virginia thinking I could get away from it, but it snows here too!

Mark said...

You've passed me. Congratulations. Unfortunately, my time to write has been impeded bu several factors:

Increased duties at work making me tireder when i get home, cooler weather, forcing my son indoors and on the computer when I want to be on, and my own blog.

The latter, I am thinking of abandoning in the interest of hastening to the point of 50,000 words faster, or at least, on time.

I stand at 20,000+ right now.

Gloria Williams said...

24,000 words are something to crow about, Tech. You're almost at the halfway point. I find it amazing that you're blogging at all! I can't wait to read the entire book.

78? Is that the temp where you're at, Michelle?

And you're doing well, too, Mark. Good luck with NaNoWriMo!

Michelle said...

No Gloria, I left out the 78 words at the end of Tech's count. 24,078. Those 78 certainly count for something!

I wish it were somewhere close 78 here, but it is more like 38.

SBB said...

85?!

*Eyes Frenzied*

I say we get a stick and poke her!