Monday, May 23, 2005

This and that

      Yes, I'm posting flowers again. I'll be adding some more over the next few days as well as some trees. I don't intend to let spring pass me by.
      Tonight I worked on my fantasy novel, adding another 523 words. I meant to post a word total for the whole book so far, but I cut the book up into chapters (separate files) and need to total them all. I'll try to get that done tomorrow. I think posting my word count will work as motivation. At least I hope so.
      I've also been looking at various poems and started looking for places to send them to. I'd like to send out a poem or article once a week. Not that hard of a schedule, really. But if I don't send my work out, there's no chance of it being published ever.
      I went to the library after work and found a copy of Jon Stewart's America. Funny, but the foul language gets old. (A profane word eventually loses its ability to shock or amuse if used too often. It's called language fatigue.) Someone had removed the pages that featured the naked Supreme Court Justices. I'm curious if it was our local librarian or some patron. I'll ask when I return the book.
      I remain on the board of the local community theater. I have several ideas about increasing patronage and attendance. I hope I am able to implement them. I think the theater group has a lot of potential to really be a vital part of the community. We'll see how it goes.
      And finally I added that little blue clock on my blog today. I think I will keep it. Over the next few days, I'm going to be adding more links and more features to 51313 Harbor Street. I want the blog to continue to grow. Things that don't grow eventually die. Growth or die. It could be a slogan.
      And on that cheery note, night!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Uh, you are resting, right?

Gloria Williams said...

What Joel asked. You are resting, right? :)

CrystalDiggory said...

So how many words tonight?

SBB said...

A cruel, cruel, cruel woman ... :)