Tuesday, May 03, 2005

The scoop

      Okay, here's the scoop. I have surgery next Thursday, May 12. They're going to remove the lump.
      All the tests came back negative for cancer, except for the biopsy. The biopsy didn't show cancer, but showed some cell abnormalities. It read that it couldn't conclusively state that it wasn't cancer and recommended removing the growth and the surrounding tissue.
      So there we are. The lump is coming out. The surgeon thinks it will be a one-day surgery thing, but it depends on what he finds when he gets in there and how much tissue he will have to remove.
      The surgeon said he is "almost 99 percent certain" that it's not cancer, but he cautioned me that we won't know for certain until the lump has been sent to pathology. Still, 99 percent is good odds, I think.
      Overall, it's good news. I'm not out of the woods yet, but I'm close enough to see the light.
      As always, I appreciate your prayers and support. Talk to you later.

9 comments:

Jaime said...

Yay for no cancer!

Trixie said...

Things are sounding markedly better than what you first thought! That's very encouraging. Now, come on out of those woods, OK?

I've had a similar situation, in 1999, and I know that the anxiety will still be with you until you get the letter in your hands telling you everything is OK. Even knowing that, I want to encourage you to settle into a peaceful state as much as you possibly can.

And I continue my prayers for you!

Michelle said...

Yeah!

Big 'ol grins up here

CrystalDiggory said...

99 percent is very good odds! I'm sure you must be feeling a little easier now. We'll continue praying for you.

Gloria Williams said...

Thank the Good Lord! It sounds very encouraging, TECH. I will keep praying until we have that final good report!

night-rider said...

Thank goodness I've been away again and didn't get to read your recent posts until today when the news seems so much more positive. Once they take out that fatty cyst, you'll have lost that much weight too - a real win/win if ever there was. I'll be thinking of you on 12th.

Unknown said...

So, how are you gonna celebrate when this is all over? Whatever you do, I want pics ;-)

Michelle said...

I want pics too... :P

Jean said...

Best of luck with the surgery. Glad to hear things are still looking good for no cancer, so I'll continue praying for no complications and a speedy recovery.