Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Ready

      I've not done much tonight except talk on the phone and wander aimlessly through my house. I'm ready to have this over with. I've got other things to do, and I want it done. There are people in the world with real problems, and they need my help. I need to be able to help them. So I want this surgery done. I want the pathology report -- which I won't get tomorrow -- to be clear. I've already spent too much time on this.
      I'd like you to ask you to add someone to your prayers. My older brother was going to come down for the surgery tomorrow, but he called me tonight to tell me that he couldn't. My sister-in-law's father is in a hospital in Missouri due to a quick, unexpected and serious illness. He's in critical condition, and it could go either way. My brother and his wife are going to head to Missouri tomorrow. He prayed with me over the phone. He's a good brother, and I love his wife like a true sister. They are raising a wonderful daughter. Anyway, please remember her father in your prayers.
      Crystal called me tonight and is going to call my roomie and check on me tomorrow afternoon. I will ask her to blog an update if I'm not able. I'm hoping I will be, although I keep getting told I won't be. We'll see about that.
      Well, I should be getting on to bed. Y'all have a good day tomorrow. Your support has meant a lot to me over these past few weeks. God bless and keep us all. Talk to you soon.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

A done deal. I look forward to hearing either about or from you tomorrow. A peaceful sleep to you tonight.

Trixie said...

((Hugs)) and prayers. Sleep well. Prayers for your sister-in-law's father too, and their family.

night-rider said...

Not sure what our time difference is but I'll wing the positive thoughts towards you till you talk to us again.

Unknown said...

Hopes sent out to you and your loved ones. We'll be waiting for your full recovery.

CrystalDiggory said...

Uh..shoot. I've talked to you three times and you never said anything about posting a blog update. This is the first I've heard about it. Sorry, I should have done it anyway. I'm glad you're home.