Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Signing my life away

      I closed the loan today. For a brief moment, I had a lot of money. Well, more money at one time that I remember ever having. Then the bank sent it off to the various tools of Satan. And that was that.
      Closing the loan was an interesting experience, particularly if you define "interesting" as "exhausting, confusing, long and tension-filled." There was form after form after form after form to be signed. And the loan gang had to explain each form using some language that no one has understood since the tower of Babel. Eventually I was like some wild crazed thing blindly signing every piece of paper they placed in front of me -- disclosures, agreements, privacy statements, body cavity search consent forms, organ farm contracts, etc. Finally I staggered out of the loan manager's office like the walking wounded. I swear he lit a cigarette after I left.
      But it's done. The DDP continues, God willing and if the creek don't rise. And now I'm going to bed.

4 comments:

Trixie said...

I promise you will feel better after a good night's sleep, and it won't even hurt after a couple of days. You'll replace the "sign your life away" pain with "ahhhh, those debts are paid!" And then you can focus on the one loan payment and feel great relief.

Maybe it was an omen, but I read your third sentence as "various tools of Santa."

Satan, Santa, you be the judge when it comes to debt!

Erudite Redneck said...

Good Lord. Sounds like you bought a house!

Anonymous said...

hey buddy
randall

Unknown said...

YEAH!