Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Do you have any cheese to go with my whine?

      And now -- while enduring an IBD flare and my fractured foot -- I have caught a cold. Sigh. Well, let's talk of good things.
      My Christmas shopping is still done. No new unexpected gift needs have risen. Whew!
      I paid down another credit card with the last of the loan money. I didn't have enough to pay it off, but I paid enough that I should have it cleared by December 2006. Another card should pay off in August 2005 and another one in January 2006. That will leave just one card that will take until July 2008. And then I'm done except for the loan itself. It's supposed to pay off in December 2011, but with the money that used to go to the cards, I should be able to pay it off much sooner, but I haven't figured out the payoff exactly yet. This plan will also let me build up some savings in there as well as have a bit of cushion for emergencies. Several people -- thank you very much -- have pointed out that plans rarely execute as we planned them. I know that, but planning is the only way I can extract myself from this financial hole. I think it is flexible enough to cope with most of the emergencies that I can think of. We'll see. It would really help if I sold a book or two or seven.
      I got some good pictures of Mikey when he visited last weekend. I'll be posting a couple after I sort through them. He is such a joy. Of course, his idea of Christmas is a bit shaky -- we hunted Easter Eggs and wore Halloween masks and played monster -- but it's what his three-year-old mind came up with it, and we had great fun. Wish he could have stayed longer.
      And now good night!

2 comments:

Trixie said...

I'm sorry to hear about the cold on top of everything else. Hope it goes away fast!

It sounds like you have a good plan on the debt reduction. Pay no attention to those who say plans don't always work out -- just as often, things go better than planned. And that's my hope for you. Just the fact that you've made a plan puts this in the forefront of your conscious thought. And as long as you work the plan, you will succeed. Just like Weight Watchers. Just use the tools you've learned that have made you successful with WW and you will get there!

RAH!! *\o/* *\o/* *\o/*

(like the cheerleaders?)

CrystalDiggory said...

Too often people go through life reacting to circumstances instead of heading towards a goal. I think goal-setting and making plans is a much more mature way to accomplish things than just hoping the right circumstances will fall into your lap. I know you can do this!