Monday, July 13, 2009

Mostly medical

Yesterday for no good reason, my back went out. Very annoying to have to use a cane again. And I get tired of the pain and the limitations on my movement. I had a long list of things to do this weekend, and basically I did only a third of them. I didn't need another health issue right now. Oh well, that's life.

I'm still researching holistic medicine and folk cures. There's a lot of information out there, but sorting out the misinformation and downright lying takes a bit of time. Everyone -- including the so-called "regular" doctors -- have something to sell, and they're quite willing to deceive. Our government does a poor job in policing the medical establishment. We won't fix health care in this nation until our doctors recommit to "First, do no harm" and put the patients' well-being above their paycheck. And insurance companies -- which make tremendous amounts of money -- need to be forced to pay as their contracts say they will. But it will be a cold day in Hades before any of that happens. Both of those two groups have plenty of money to spend on lobbyists, and spend they do. It's no wonder that people turn to alternative medicine. It's a shame that alternative medicine doesn't have more science to offer them.

The above paragraph is a bit mixed, but I think you can follow it. Perhaps it would have worked better as several paragraphs. I do have a lot to say about medicine and doctors lately. I need to get it organized.

I thought I would get more responses to the new look for Harbor Street, particularly since I got a lot of (negative) feedback a few years ago when I thought about changing it. It could be an indication of my lack of readers now that Facebook has taken over my blogging circle. I'm still on Facebook, but I have cut back on my entries over there. I desire the longer communication that this blog allows -- although I couldn't prove it based on my latest posts. I'll work on that.

Well, it's time to get ready for work. Man, the weekend just isn't long enough. I'd sure like a four-day weekend every now and then. But it seems when I'm off, I just get sick or injured. I'm beginning to think that work -- however dreary and stressful -- is a safer environment than my house!

Anyway, you have a good Monday. Keep your chin up. Duck the blows. Land a few of your own. Talk to you tomorrow!

Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Amazon.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Barnes & Noble.com
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Lulu.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in hardcover only at from Lulu.com.
Order MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry you may have to clean the tank cause i over fed them. i really like the fish and listened to the song and fed them they are trained to follow the pointer!
roen

SBB said...

Fortunately, Roen, the fish aren't so realistic! I never have to clean their tank.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your back. :( Hope you start feeling better soon.

Crystal

SBB said...

Thanks, Crystal. Call me sometime. You always make me feel better! :)

Kirsten said...

Hee! Love the fish!

Sorry to hear about your back, though. Hope it (and you) feel better soon.

SBB said...

Glad you like the fish, Kirsten. Thanks for the well wishes!