Monday, November 07, 2005

Hard fought, but done

      The words didn't come easy tonight, but I reached 12,095. Still on track. It's like Mama Rose said. It's a day-by-day thing. You do what you need to do each day, and eventually you've done the whole thing. That's true in a lot of things in life.
      I'm not worried about it being hard at the first. Right now I'm juggling creating the setting, introducing the characters, and getting the plot in place. It will get easier once I'm past this, and the conflicts continue to grow. Get characters in conflict, and the story will fly.
      Tonight the love interests finally met each other. I can't tell you how grateful I was to write that scene and get those two started on their story. Finally we're starting on the meat of the story instead of just setting the table.
      Now things can really start happening. Hold on tight; it's going to be quite a trip. Tomorrow I'll talk about the book itself and what it's about. Until then, take care.

5 comments:

Mark said...

Good job, Tech. You are catching up with me and I cheated.I have to start doing better, I'm only up to 17,094. I averaged it out last night, and I'm going to have to average 1430 a day for the rest of the month and I'm only doing about 1000. This is fun but frustrating at the same time.

Keep up the good work.

Michelle said...

Congrats Tech. I can't wait to hear about the book.

And I prayed for Roomie. Hope all is well...

Trixie said...

Good going, Tech! It is fascinating to read a little about the process from someone who truly knows the art and the work that goes into building the structure well before diving into the "fun" part (if there truly is such a part...) Good work!

Gloria Williams said...

I would think creating your fictional world really be the hard part. I haven't written a book so I don't know, but it seems that way to me.

Slim said...

Wow, Tech. How many pages is that so far? And you've done it all since November 1. I'm impressed.