Friday, November 25, 2005

The grind

      A very bad day for words, but I got another 2,000, bringing the total to 40,025. I just lack 10,000 words now. That's pretty exciting. I've got five days left, and I'm off work the next two. I think I'm going to make it.
      But man, it's slow. I've written all the easy scenes, and now it's putting the connecting the scenes and the necessary scenes and all that stuff that makes a middle part so difficult for me.
      I actually am writing this book from the beginning and back from the end. I'm hoping they meet somewhere in the middle. It wouldn't be much fun if they slid pass each other. Does that make sense? I mean the whole paragraph. I'm a little word-woozy right now.
      Anyway, I had a good Thanksgiving. Must have ate too much rich food because I've battled with IBD all day. Not fun, but it's been controllable.
      Anyway, I got no news. What's happening in your world? Share!
      And have a great day tomorrow!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another 2,000 sounds like a good day for words to me. You can do it!

(Hey, I got the first comment in.) :)

SBB said...

Thanks for the boost, Crystal! I'm trying for more than 2,000 today. I'd like to get just a little ahead.

Gloria Williams said...

I was wondering how you were doing. Go Tech go! You're close to the finish line! Keep putting one word in front of another and you'll win NaNoWriMo!

(Crystal, congratulations! :) )

SBB said...

Gloria, I think I can just about see the finish line. Just one more stretch.

Slim said...

Write, write, write, Tech!

Have you thought of your reward yet?

SBB said...

Thanks for your support, Slim.

Not yet, but it may be something electronic. I think I need a new toy!

SBB said...

Thank you, Susan, for cheering me on!

Erudite Redneck said...

Atta boy!

SBB said...

Thanks, ER!

Anonymous said...

Hey, ER is a buddy of mine. I never figgered him to be hauntin' a literary place such as this'n!