Sunday, November 13, 2005

Best laid plans

      Well, I've had better weekends. Doubtless I've had worse, too, but this one sure wasn't any fun. My bad weekend started on Thursday night when I woke up sick at midnight. I'll spare you the gruesome details, but I ... ah ... lost fluid in a variety of ways from midnight until nine the next morning. It was either food poisoning or a stomach virus, but it put me down for the count. There were several times when I swore I was NEVER going to eat anything again.
      Anyway, I'm better. Not quite right yet, but getting there. I'm trying to figure out how to salvage my NaNoWriMo goals. Obviously I'll need more than 1,700 words a day to make 50,000 by month end. I hope that I get a couple of free weekends in there and make it up. I'm not going to give up yet.
      Not much to say otherwise since I didn't do anything this weekend except be sick, sleep and stare at the ceiling. So I'm going to get back to writing and not fall any further behind. Y'all have a good week.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Sorry Tech. Really hope your feeling better...

Trixie said...

Here's hoping you feel much better very soon. Even if you don't get to 50,000 for NaNoWriMo, be proud of what you do accomplish in this time. And cut yourself a little slack,OK?

Gloria Williams said...

Would you please stay healthy! :)

Hope you're all well soon!

Linda said...

I hope you're feeling better. Seems like everyone I know, including me, is sick right now. (sigh)

Linda