Friday, October 21, 2005

50,000 words

      I've been working on my novel outline for NaNoWriMo. I think I have a good idea in it. Now if I can just write it well. I still need to write a few more scenes and then work up character descriptions. I'm hoping that this preparation will allow me to meet the goal. But if not, I will have at least tried and will learn more about what is required to use NaNoWriMo effectively. I've never written 50,000 words in one month. Well, maybe once. I remember that Murder by Dewey Decimal was written very quickly. The words poured out faster than I could type them.
      By the way, notice how Crystal is nagging me to post daily, and she doesn't even have a blog anymore! Bah to that. (Although she did mention that Tree Hugging idea again. I think I can forgive her.)
      I have over 50 items on my weekend To Do list. And I added a few more items today. I won't get it all done, but I'm hoping to check off at least 30 items before Monday rolls around.
      One of the items I added today was planting six pots of mums I bought today. I know, I know, but they were only $16 dollars for eight pots. (I gave two pots to Mikey's mom.) I couldn't resist them. They're all red and are a real blast of color.
      Mikey is doing okay. It's amazing how kids can bounce back. He still has some pain, but he was playing today like he always does. Who would have ever imagined that I'd love the little fellow as much as I do? Not me. I thought I had my own dreams to follow, my own life to live. But lo and behold, I put it all on hold for him and do it without a second thought. Go figure.
      I am worn out so I'm going to call it a night. I'll be posting yet another picture of mums. Just endure it. I'll be done with them soon.
      Have a great weekend. I'll catch you tomorrow.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ack! Outlines! NaNo! Mums!
AAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

Michelle said...

LOL @ Joel

Ok what is it with the Tree Hugging? Obviously I missed something when Crystal said it made her chuckle and was some sort of euphymism. Heh...Michelle is left out again...

No no...It's ok. I don't mind. Ya'll keep dancing, I'll watch from the bench. :P

CrystalDiggory said...

I hope you post excerpts from your story on here. It would be an easy way to get a blog in. ;)

Tree Hugging..well, it's..well..you know this is Tech's blog, I think I'll let him explain it. He has such a way with words.

SBB said...

Oh, no, Crystal. You brought it up; you can explain it. :)

Linda said...

Do not worry about quality when writing a novel during NaNo. It will make you totally nuts. NaNo is all about word counts and having fun, being a little bit silly, even. So, have fun.

BTW--Forward Motion usually does marathons and a NaNo chat room to help keep people motivated and give them a chance to get ahead or catch up on words. :)

Linda

Trixie said...

Here's some spare words you can use, Tech:

"It was a dark and stormy night. Suddenly, a shot rang out."