Sunday, May 15, 2005

Hanging in here

I got the foam tape off the incision today. It was a great relief. The tape had been making me itch like crazy. There's quite a bit of swelling, but that's to be expected. There's still a Tegaderm bandage on it that should come off tomorrow. I have more use of my left arm, but I have to be careful not to stretch the incision area.

The real surprise to me has been the level of pain. I had already been experiencing pain on my left side so I sorta thought I'd just keep experiencing the same level of pain. Yeah, I wasn't very smart in this. It's been quite a bit more than that. I've been living from pain pill to pain pill. But I think it's a little better today, and it should continue to improve.

So anyway, I'm hanging in here. Hope everything is going well in your world. My sister-in-law's father is still in the hospital, but he's doing a little better. We will continue to pray that he improves. Take care and have a wonderful week.

3 comments:

CrystalDiggory said...

You must be feeling a little better if you're blogging again. Try to enjoy your day off tomorrow. :)

Gloria Williams said...

I'm glad to hear an update. Get well soon!

Unknown said...

Home again, home again....