Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Once again blessing

Once again, God has reminded me that He’s watching out for me.

A good friend – my brother in spirit – and his lovely wife gave me money today to put toward my medical bills. I’m not supposed to talk about it, but I am so very grateful. It was an unexpected blessing, and I am humbled by this gift. It’s my prayer that God will bless them and their children in a great and wonderful way.

I know God doesn't want me to be sick, but I have been amazed about how much He has shown me during this time. I've always had a dark view of life; mistrust comes easy to me. When other people would talk about miracles in their lives, I was always pleased for them, but inside a part of me stood off and thought of alternative explanations. But now I have watched events unfold in my own life, and I find myself thinking, Well, Stephen, you've been wrong all these years. And I am filled with awe and hope, as unsophisticated as that sounds in these cynical times.

Yes, the world is dark -- I can't deny my eyes -- and the skies are blacker than midnight, but the light keeps breaking through with no regard to how I thought the world was or how I believed things would go. I've been told before that the beginning of wisdom is to realize how much you don't know. Well, I have begun.

Once again, let me thank my friends who made my week, uplifted my spirit, and filled my heart with gratitude.

Good night.

Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Amazon.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Barnes & Noble.com
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Lulu.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in hardcover only at from Lulu.com.
Order MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:)