Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Hurrah for Kirsten!

Yesterday evening after work I went to the local library and checked out a few books. I had a miserable day at work -- yelling customers, no sales, stomach problems, etc. -- and really intended to just go home and curl up around my computer. However, when I got in my car, I saw the sack of (overdue) library books and decided I would at least return them and pick up a few books to read (but only when I couldn't work on Murder by the Acre, Frenzied).

I was about to leave and then saw Kirsten's smiling face. So we sat down and talked for about an hour. Very cool. She's bright, funny, articulate, and quick on her verbal feet. The lively conversation redeemed my day. Hurrah for Kirsten! She's muchly keeno. I'm going to try to get Kirsten to post and comment on the Great Slim Down. (She didn't know that until now.) She once struggled with her weight and learned many lessons about food and life that I think will help us all. I'll be sending her an invite today.

More of my blogging friends should live in my town. Wouldn't it be cool if we ran into each other sometimes like Kirsten and I did? Of course, Adam does live here, but I can only think of one time where we ran into each other. We don't move in the same circles. (He's in the young, good job, happily married with two children and a third on the way, ambitious, intelligent circle while I'm in the old(er), bitter, pathetic man with only his computer for a friend whom he calls Angel Keys circle.) Adam, by the way, is in the process of launching a new copywriting and design business. I'm very excited for him. Here's his business's sharp looking website: Adam Huckeby, Copywriter & Graphic Design.

After my visit with Kirsten, I went out to eat with my roomie, then went home, and watched the first hour of Heroes. Kirsten is a big Heroes fan, but I just can't seem to get into it. I switched over to Boston Legal and greatly enjoyed watching Denny and Alan.

And that was my evening. What was yours like? I hope y'all are doing well. Murder by the Acre will be out in October. Have a great day.

5 comments:

Kirsten said...

Glad I was able to make your day better. And thank goodness for the public library--it's the only thing that lures me across Mississippi during the week! :-D

Sure, I can come up with some posts for the GSD. Might even be able to sneak in an introductory one in the next day or so.

Oh, and I still think you'd enjoy Heroes more if you didn't go and read the script beforehand. Cheater. ;-)

SBB said...

I sent your invite, Kirsten. Looking forward to seeing your posts on GSD.

AK Huckeby said...

Thanks for the plug! I'm having a great time at it!

SBB said...

My pleasure, Adam! I wish for you every success.

Unknown said...

"What was yours like?"

ack! i'm behind in my blogging. brb!