Tuesday, September 30, 2008

6-10 pages

That's all I have left to write: 6-10 pages. Two or three scenes depending on what gets accomplished in them. I can't believe it. Chapter 8 is done. Chapter 9, which is mostly written, is all that's left. I wrote tonight until my butt couldn't take sitting in front of my computer any more.

So I'm calling a night now. Tomorrow I'm aiming for three or more pages. The same the next day. By Saturday, Murder by the Acre will be finished. Can you believe it? I can't.

Of course, there are still corrections to be entered and a few minor changes I need to make. I have a list, but none of them are major and mostly consist of a few name fixes and some time problems.

Anyway, that's where I'm at. How are you doing? Are you reading the new posts at the Great Slim Down? Kirsten is sharing a lot of good info. Drop in, read, get motivated, comment, and join us in getting healthy. I'll talk to you tomorrow.

5 comments:

Jean said...

I can believe it. Yes, I'm reading Kirsten's terrific posts.

Anonymous said...

Six to ten, huh? I wonder if I can get through the remaining two and a half books of Twilight before you get MBTA to me. ;)

Kirsten said...

Oh, goodie! Can't wait to read it! (this is why i'm a proofer for all my writer friends--far to impatient to wait until it's finished!)

And thanks, Jean!

Wow, that's a lot of exclamation marks....

SBB said...

Jean, I'm glad to have Kirsten join us.

FF, I guess it depends on how fast you read ... of course, I'd be horribly hurt if you didn't put it down to read MBTA -- which, after all, you'll only have a week to read and return corrections!

Kirsten, looking forward to you having it to read! And here's some more exclamation marks as you may have used your store up: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erudite Redneck said...

Good job. I, however, have decided I no lonbger like books. I'm havign to box mine up so the shelves cqn be moved out of my office here at home so the carpet installers can do their thing. I have 28 small U-Haul boxes packed so far of books I've read; two biog plastic rectangle containers of books I plan to reead -- ha ha; and, oh, three more U-Haul boxes of books in the closet here to pack.

It really is nuts. I am almost sort of on the verge of maybe fixing to commence to start thinking about getting rid of some. Sniff.

But they're my babies!