Thursday, April 24, 2008

A few things of interest

      I woke up ill this morning. It feels like -- God help me -- the beginnings of an IBD flare. I took my meds, and I'm hoping that they will keep the flare from becoming full-blown. I have too much to do to be sick today! Of course, IBD doesn't care one way or another what my schedule is. Fortunately I'm off this afternoon so I'll be at home, which is where I need to be to do the things I'd like to get done and also where I can take care of myself best.
      Anyway, not much to tell you. I've been writing on Murder by the Acre, of course. The writing is going well, but I think I'm going to go over 68,500 for this book. I hope not too much over, but it looks like it's heading that way.
      Crystal has started proofreading for me. She has an incredible eye for that. I appreciate her taking the time to do it. After she has finished, it will be sent to my other proofreaders -- you know who you are -- for their input. The more eyes that see it before it's published, the better the published book will be.
      I've also been working on my collection of poems. It will come out in August. It's tentatively titled Endless, but that's the fourth title I've put on it so we'll see if that sticks. In collecting my poems, I've become uncomfortably aware that most of them follow a common theme: sex and/or love, but mostly sex. Death, divorce, and religion are minor themes. Sometimes I combine all four. I'm beginning to think I might just possibly be the littlest bit ... twisted. Ahem. There are some "nice" poems in there, too, so I might be redeemable with a lot of therapy. And the love of a good woman. A good, rich woman. A good, rich, lusty woman. Or maybe I'm doomed.
      I must get ready for work now. Have a great day. Oh, did you listen to my podcast? We'll have another one Saturday in which I'll read a poem and announce the first MBTA contest! Talk to you later.

4 comments:

Kirsten said...

Hope you're feeling better.

And I seriously doubt that you're any more twisted than any of your commenters. ;-)

Oh, and I enjoyed the podcast and am looking forward to the next one!

Anonymous said...

Oh no--we're both under the weather? Just pretend I'm sending you some chicken soup, k?

Maybe you should take out the "nice" poems for another book and publish your, um, twisted poems all together in one book and put a plain brown cover on it. ;)

Trixie said...

E.R., Frenzied and you! I'm beginning to think you're all sharing a computer virus! Please get well rightnow. Thank you. You may be twisted, but you don't have to be sick and twisted. (Twisted doesn't have to be bad, does it?)

Anonymous said...

You talk about being twisted like it's a bad thing!

Hope you're feeling better soon.

And I'm still waiting for the next chapters! :)

Crystal