Saturday, April 05, 2008

Busy & productive Saturday

      A busy and productive day. Housework, family newsletter, and writing on Murder by the Acre took up my day. It was a shame to not be outside more today, though. It was a bit chilly, but the sun shone and the sky had those white fluffy clouds that I think are so pretty. I walked around a bit outside and could feel spring everywhere.
      Speaking MBTA, I've been working on the promotional items for the book: t-shirts, caps, tote bags, clocks, buttons, etc. I haven't put them on my Cafe Press store yet, but I will as the book release draws closer. They will replace the Murder by Dewey Decimal items. I could have have more items if I paid for my store, but the free store only allows one type of item per store.
      My taxes are done. In fact, I already got my refund from the federal: $1. Think I can stimulate the economy much with a dollar? A friend suggested I buy a lottery ticket with it, but I don't like playing stupidity taxes, even if it's a small amount. From the state, I'll get back $40. I just don't have enough deductions. Oh well, I don't notice refunds changing anyone's lives.
      Well, it's late so I'm going to close now. You'll have a good Sunday tomorrow, okay? Okay. Night!

4 comments:

Jean said...

So, you're saying this is our last chance to get MBDD items at the Cafe Press store?

I hope everyone caught that...

We have to get our taxes done this week.

AK Huckeby said...

Are you limited to the number of Free Stores you can set up at Cafe Press under various login names/etc...? Don't want to cheat them, but I can't imagine them not wanting you to set up separate stores...more money for them when your stuff sells... Just a thought.

Erudite Redneck said...

Re, "My taxes are done."

Ugh. I have not done my taxes since I got married, 10 years ago. Dr. ER *likes* doin' all that ciphering, and I am tickled to let her.

BTW, we're still payin' on 2006 federal. We are in total IRS hell now.

SBB said...

Yes, Jean, I guess that's what I'm saying.

Good idea, Adam, I'll have to look and see.

I have my state send in now, ER. I hate taxes in general. Particularly when you see what the government is doing with our taxes!