Sunday, November 04, 2007

Sunday, Sunday

      I thought I'd have the back cover of Murder by the Acre finished today, and I'd post it. But it didn't happen. I couldn't write cover copy that pleased me. It sounded too much like the back cover for Murder by Dewey Decimal. Admittedly there will be similarities -- after all, it's mostly the same people once again investigating a murder -- but I wanted it to be fresh. I'll keep working on it.
      Grave Tidings has stalled. I started the book with a handful of scenes, which is how I normally start a book, expecting my subconscious to provide more. But it hasn't. I set it aside today and worked on other things. I'll sleep on it tonight and see what happens. Maybe this NaNoWriMo wasn't meant to be this year for me. I think, though, that Justina has more to tell me about her life and her battles. I hope so. I like her. One thing I can say about her for certain, she's not Buffy. Or Faith. Or even Xena. But she carries some of them -- the best of them, I think -- in her. I hope I get to tell her story.
      Don't have much else to tell you. Did some Christmas shopping this weekend -- a very little bit -- but I'm starting to plan and get moving on it and that's the important thing. Otherwise I filed, did laundry, cleaned house, wrote, worked on the family newsletter, etc. The usual.
      I started walking on my treadmill again. Sigh. I had forgotten how much I disliked it. But I'm going to do it and learn to like it. I definitely need to make up a CD of music I like. And maybe get a TV out there.
      I'm going to close now. Y'all have a good week. Night!

3 comments:

Powersleeper said...

Just dropped by to see what was going on in your world. I see quite a bit. Hope all is well.

Anonymous said...

I vote for the TV. :)

SBB said...

PS! Good to see ya, man! I wondered what happened to ya.

Me, too, FF, but have no cash for one right now. I'm going to watch the sales for a cheap one.