Friday, November 09, 2007

Amazon and other stuff

      Murder by Dewey Decimal has been picked up by Amazon.com. WAHOO! It's $16.95 and is eligible for Super Saving Shipping (free) with a $25 dollar purchase -- so buy two!
      Anyway, I've been telling people that it's on Amazon, and I was surprised to hear how many of them wanted to buy it from Amazon and not Lulu. Obviously the power of a well-known name. So buy it from Amazon! Buy it from Lulu! Buy it from me at my book signings! Just buy it already!
      Ahem.
      I ran errands, did all sorts of housework, and worked on Grave Tidings. The story isn't advancing so I thought I'd go back and add some to what I had already written. Hey, it's words toward that 50,000 -- which I am almost positive I'm not going to reach in November, but I'm going to keep working on it. Justina might suddenly get talkative. It happens with characters. Sometimes.
      Sometimes, of course, your characters leave you. I'm not sure where they go. Starbucks maybe. Or Quiznos. Or they go to Paris to paint. Or a beach in the Caribbean where they lie on white sand and sip fruity drinks with umbrellas in them and mail back snotty "Wish you were here!" postcards. Characters can have a cruel streak in them.
      Did you enter the Giveaway? I draw one name Sunday to see who wins over $100 in hardcover and softcover science, science fiction, and fantasy books! Just leave a comment that gives the name of the sequel to Murder by Dewey Decimal, and you're entered. Don't wait!
      And now I think I'll close. Have a good weekend!

No comments: