Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year's Day, 2007

      Good evening! How are you doing? I've been working on Darkness, Oklahoma most of the day. Well, between napping and watching old movies on Turner Classic Movies. It's been a good day, fairly free of pain. Oh, the reason I hadn't posted over the past couple of days is that I fell again (due to the numbness of my right leg and foot, sometimes my walking is unsteady) and hurt my ankle again. I also banged up my wrist when I fell. But it could have been worse than it was, and after a couple days of soreness, things have improved.
      I hope you enjoyed the Barry Manilow song of yesterday. That song perfectly expresses how I often feel about the turning of the year. Manilow has taken a lot of flack over the years about his maudlin songs, and I admit he does go over the top, but he has written and sang some great songs over the years. I remain a fan. In fact, the Manilow song below -- "All The Time" -- is one that I sang in a high school talent contest years ago and won first place.
      I posted over on The Great Slim Down and made a few minor changes to the template. Several of us are going to continue to fight the weight war in 2007. Victory will be ours in 2007!
      This is a good time to place my overall goals for 2007. Here they are in all their unfilled (yet) glory.
1. Be a better Christian, sibling and friend.
2. Finish and edit Darkness, Oklahoma, and submit to publishers/agents.
3. Finish and edit Dragons Gather, and submit to publishers/agents.
4. Finish and edit Figments, and submit to publishers/agents.
5. Finish, edit and self-publish my humor book Floozy & Me. (Yes, the title changed.)
6. Edit Murder at the Witch's Cottage, and submit to publishers.
7. Lose weight by breaking my emotional addiction to food.
8. Sing a song a day. (No, really.)
9. Continue to publish my family newsletter.
10. Do one thing new a week.
11. Continue to publish this blog and enhance its content.
12. Continue to get out of debt by following my debt reduction plan.
      I think that's enough. If I do half of those, I'll have a good 2007. What resolutions do you make? Or do you make any? Some people don't because they don't want to get depressed when they fail. I make them every year. Some of them I keep. Some I don't. But I always think it helps to have yearly goals rather than just living day to day. It gives me purpose.
      Now, I have to get ready to return to work tomorrow. Tally ho! Have a great evening and wonderful week. Talk to you tomorrow.


All The Time
By Barry Manilow
BestAudioCodes.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I am sorry to read that you fell and hurt your ankle and wrist.

Have I missed something along the way...have you always had numbness in your right leg and foot? Hmm maybe I should look deeper into your archives.

Those are wonderful goals for 2007!I wish you the very best with them.

SBB said...

When I broke my back, Rain, nerves got pinched and I have some areas of numbness on my right leg and foot. They were almost completely numb, but now I have most of the feeling back, just areas where the feeling hasn't returned. God willing, though, I should regain all feeling over the next few months as I continue the various therapies.