Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Updating my life

      We have a cast party for the play tonight. After that, my "official" duties to the play will be over. Yes, I'm a bit depressed about it, but that's normal at the end of a project. All I need is a new project to perk me right up.
      My brother, my sister-in-law and my beautiful niece came down to see the play Friday night, and my friend Randall drove up from Dallas Saturday to see it. I enjoyed both visits and appreciated them making the trip.
      I signed up for National Novel Writing Month yesterday. Yes, I'm crazy. I think we've covered that before. I don't know if I can reach 50,000 words, but I'm going to give it a good try. I was looking at my journal from last year and I think I missed seven days and was still able to reach the goal. My novel this time is called Tin Man Dark. I'll be posting excerpts soon.
      I added two blogs to the Blogs of Interest: Babs - Conversation Station and Soliloquy: Inside Out. They're both good writers with interesting content. Worth your time to check them out and add them to your daily reads.
      I updated the scrollies and quotes. I hope people still read them. I'm currently working on a complete redesign of 51313 Harbor Street. Well, a new template, anyway. I like the one I have now, but I've had it for two years. But I'm not going to switch until the new template is exactly how I like it.
      Slowly I'm getting my house back in order. During the play, things sorta got away from me. I'm going to try to catch up on a whole lot of stuff this month.
      Can you believe Frenzied Feline is actually decorating for Christmas now? Just the thought of the holidays makes me wince. But I do enjoy sending out Christmas cards. And receiving them.
      I have gone back on my diet with a vengeance. There is NO excuse for me being this heavy. I'm not going to stay this way. I'm not. I want to see what I look like under all this flab. I'm tired of being ashamed of my size. Watch out, fat. I'm gunnin' for ya, and there will be no mercy.
      Well, I have to get ready for work now. I hope you have a great day. Talk to ya later!

3 comments:

SBB said...

Thank you, Randall. I appreciated you driving up to see it!

SBB said...

Yes, it was, FF. :)

Trixie said...

I'm so glad the play went well, Tech! I know how involved you've been with it recently, but you've certainly been missed around here while you've been tied up.

I had a long, long day of writing (nonfiction stuff related to work) yesterday. I figured up it was more than 2,700 words and I started thinking about doing this on purpose for NaNoWriMo. I wish I had the energy left over to do that with some personal writing! Maybe I just need to figure out how to write a novel using all the nonfiction things I have in the files!

Hey, maybe I've got an idea there ... hmmm...