Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Trixie's Meme

      Trixie tagged me with this meme several days ago, but I'm running behind on everything. I'm slow, but I get there eventually.

      Trixie's Meme
      Let's make this a meme, shall we? Answer these questions here, and if you wish, tag five folks and have them answer the same on your blog.
      Fasten your seat belts; here we go!

      1. What is the best thing you've done this week? Probably the work on the play. I had a shaky actor that confided in me about a problem with stage fright. I talked to the actor and gave a few exercises, which seemed to really help.
      2. What's the most meaningful personal issue you've thought about this week? Getting myself back on track with my diet. I will have a loss to post when the Wednesday Weigh In rolls around on The Great Slim Down.
      3. What's the biggest nuisance task you have gotten out of the way this week? I finally sorted through a file of miscellaneous stuff and threw a lot of it away and put the rest into the proper place.
      4. What's the biggest annoyance hanging over your head this week? Not really an annoyance, but I need to finish the mailing of the theater group newsletter, and I'm having to wait for a couple of people to give me their names. If they would, I could get it finished and checked off my list.
      5. What has made you happy this week? I can't think of anything in particular, but the play rehearsals have had a lot of laughs in them.
      6. Have you cried this week? Why? Well, yes, actually. I went to my boss's dad's funeral. I didn't really know the deceased, but I was moved by the sorrow of many of the family.
      7. What are you looking forward to most this week? Getting more items checked off my list. And the weekend where I have some free time to work on the March family newsletter. Yes, I know it should already be mailed. Sue me.
      8. What has just flat made you crazy this week? The stupid way we humans will choose darkness and self-destruction over all the thousands of alternatives out there. I keep hoping that we will finally grow up, but we don't. I know we're a fallen people, but I think we can do better. We don't have to wallow in prejudice, pride and sorrow. I try to not watch the news because my blood boils as I hear about what those idiots in Washington, DC -- both stinking parties -- have done this week.
      9. What bliss have you experienced this week? I'd have to say that it was when I was working on a creative project. There's an emotional state that I get in when the work is going well. The world disappears. Hours literally pass without notice. It's cool.
      10. What have you prayed to change this week? Well, I asked for health, wisdom and happiness for my niece, my family, my extended family, Mikey and his mom, my friends, my church and our nation. I also asked for wisdom and patience for me. When I get tired, I can be short with people. I'm trying to be kinder and more supportive. I want to be able to lift people up, not drag them down, even when I have to correct their acting.

      I'm not going to tag anyone because I think most may have already done it. But if you haven't, meme away and let us know so we can read your answers.

14 comments:

Gloria Williams said...

I avoid the news and several blogs for the same reason: They're not good for my blood pressure!

I bet you're an amazing director. I can't imagine you doing anything badly.

SBB said...

I wish I couldn't imagine me doing things badly, but trust me, I do! But thanks for the compliment.

Yeah, I'm avoiding several blogs these days. Not worth seeing red about!

Slim said...

You short with people? Pshaw! :)

SBB said...

I know, Slim, it's just impossible to imagine me being that way ... not!

Erudite Redneck said...

You beat me to doing Trixie's meme! I keep forgetting!

Trixie said...

Thanks Tech. It was interesting to read your answers. I would say E.R.'s answers were interesting too, but he hasn't posted any. (do-de-do... glancing at ceiling...)

SBB said...

Then I hope that I did her meme will remind you to do it also ... and even read my answers as well!

Trixie said...

Hey, you're the only one I've offered to buy fruity umbrella drinks. ER just got an RC Cola and Moon Pie. I'm just pointing out his meme shortfall!

Trixie said...

Aw Tech! Now you're putting me in a bad sitiation. ER has undue influence on my income, so I have to be a little nice to him out of self-preservation!

SBB said...

Notice how clever Trixie is. She knows I would never do anything to harm her so she subtly points out that ER influences her income. Thus I am to figure out that murderizing him will hurt her financial status! CURSES! She protects him still! WOE and WOE!

Trixie said...

*sigh* I need a real job that pays real money. And lots of it! Then I can step aside and let you murderize E.R.

(OOPS! Did I write that out loud?)

Erudite Redneck said...

Y'all are fun nee.
:-)

SBB said...

I would never pick on ER. I worship the ground he spits tobacco on! :)

Erudite Redneck said...

I'll have y'all know that come July 6, it willa been three years since I last spat bacjer juice! (Not countin' when I get a leetle carried away with a ceegar once in awhile.) :-)

And the only dang thing about me that reaches "heights" is my blood pressure! (I am sticking with my 30 minutes on the treadmill every other day, though! Woo hoo!)